RequirementsWindows (All Versions)
Date addedDec 14, 2018
Visual Studio Code uses open source .NET tooling to provide support for ASP.NET C# code, building on Omnisharp .NET programmer tools along with also the Roslyn compiler.
The interface is simple to work with, since it is based on a common explorer style, using a pane on the left, which shows all of the files and folders you have access to, along with an editor icon to the right, which shows the information of the files you've opened. In this respect, the editor was developed well, and so is pleasing on the eyes.
Visual Studio Code has been designed to work with existing tools, and Microsoft provides documentation to assist developers along, with help for working with ASP.NET 5, Node.js, and Microsoft's TypeScript, in addition to tools which can be used to help build and manage Node.js programs.
- Multiline search improvements: Easily create multiline search patterns without using regex
- Custom title bar on Linux: The custom title and menu bar is now the default on Linux
- References view: Find All References view includes history of recent searches
- Snippet comment variables: Snippet variables insert correct comment per language
- JS/TS callback display: Now you can see the context of anonymous callbacks
- JSDoc Markdown highlighting: Including syntax highlighting for Markdown code blocks in JSDoc
- Simplified debug configuration: Better defaults and Quick Pick UI for initial launch configuration
- Run tasks on folder open: Configure tasks to run when you first open a project folder
- Choose extension version: Install earlier versions of Marketplace extensions
- Workbench: Menu scrolling and improved overflow handling, one click to open settings.json
- Languages: JS/TS renames now handle destructuring, add missing 'new' Quick Fix
- Debugging: Delete debug consoles, debug directly from the VS Code Process Explorer
- Tasks: Clear task terminal, user input for task variables, rerun last task command
- Extension Authoring: Go to Declaration support, new Signature Help context