Date addedMay 31, 2018
VLC Media Player immediately became very popular because of its flexible multi-format playback capacities. It was helped by compatibility and codec problems which left competitor media players such as QuickTime, Windows and Real Media Player unworthy to a lot of popular video and audio file formats. The simple, fundamental UI and enormous collection of customization choices have enforced VLC Media Player's position near the peak of these free media players.
VLC plays virtually any movie or audio file format you are able to find. In its launching it was a revolution when compared with the default media players many folks were using that frequently crashed or exhibited "codecs missing" error messages when attempting to play media files. For an entire list of compatible file formats please see here. Not only does VLC Media Player manage tons of different formats, but VLC can also playback partial or faulty media files so that you may preview downloads until they complete.
Effortless to Use
VLC's UI is undoubtedly a case of role within beauty. The fundamental look does however produce the player incredibly simple to use. Just drag and drop files to open or play them using folders and files then utilize the basic press navigation buttons to play, pause, stop, jump, edit playback rate, alter the quantity, brightness, etc.. A massive assortment of skins and personalization choices imply the conventional appearance should not be sufficient to prevent you picking VLC as your default media player.
Do not let VLC Media Player's simple interface fool you, inside the playback, sound, movie, tools and see tabs are a massive assortment of participant choices. You're able to play with synchronization settings such as a graphic equalizer with a number of pre-sets, overlays, special effects, AtmoLight movie effects, sound spatializer and customizable array compression configurations. You may even add subtitles to videos by simply incorporating the SRT file into the movie's folder.
VLC Media Player is very simply the most flexible, secure and higher quality free media player available. It has rightly dominated the free media player marketplace for more than ten decades now and looks as though it might for a second 10 years as a result of the continuous development and advancement from VideoLAN Org.
- Update subtitles display while paused
- Enable srt support on binary builds
- Allow videotoolbox hardware decoding to be disabled
- Disable VideoToolbox for 10bits H.264
- Fix VideoToolbox with some invalid HEVC streams
- Fix subsdec wide character support
- Fix 1st order Ambisonics in AAC
- Miscellaneous ogg improvements & bugfixes, including oggds
- Fix forced tracks selection
- *Fix Topfield files
- Probe AAC/ADTS inside TS
- Fix tracks detection issues with DolbyVision and Bluray streams
- Fix crashes on Direct3D11
- Fix tooltip display on some desktop environments
- Fix spurious movement of the main Window
- Fix playlist being displayed in fullscreen
- Fix amem output
- Fix numerous issues on fonts fallback and font shaping
- Fix subtitles toggle through hotkeys
- Fix audioscrobbling
- Fix buffer over-read in avcodec audio encoding with non-default layouts
- Numerous 3rd party libraries updated, fixing security issues
- Update of most languages