RequirementsMac OS X
Date addedJan 27, 2019
PhpMyAdmin for Mac is a free software application written in PHP intended to handle the administration of MySQL on the World Wide Web. PhpMyAdmin supports a vast selection of operations with MySQL.
Features of PhpMyAdmin for Mac:
- Export data to these formats: CSV, SQL, XML, PDF, ISO/IEC 26300 - OpenDocument Text and Spreadsheet, Word, Excel, LATEX and others.
- Support for most MySQL features.
- Import data from CSV and SQL.
- Browse and drop databases, tables, views, fields and indexes.
- Manage stored procedures and triggers.
- Create, copy, drop, rename and alter databases, tables, fields and indexes.
- Manage MySQL users and privileges.
- Maintenance server, databases and tables, with proposals on server configuration.
- Execute, edit and bookmark any SQL-statement, even batch-queries.
The security fixes involve:
- Arbitrary file read vulnerability
- SQL injection in the Designer interface
- The arbitrary file read vulnerability could also be exploited to delete arbitrary files on the server. This attack requires that phpMyAdmin be run with the $cfg['AllowArbitraryServer'] directive set to true, which is not the default. An attacker must run a malicious server process that will masquerade as a MySQL server. This exploit has been found and fixed recently in several other related projects and appears to be caused by a bug in PHP
- In addition to the security fixes, this release also includes these bug fixes and more as part of our regular release cycle:
- Export to SQL format not available
- QR code not shown when adding two-factor authentication to a user account
- Issue with adding a new user in MySQL 8.0.11 and newer
- Frozen interface relating to Text_Plain_Sql plugin
- Table level Operations tab was missing