RequirementsWindows (All Versions)
Date addedFeb 12, 2019
FreeFileSync is a free, open source folder comparison and synchronization program for Windows. FreeFileSync supplies you with a clean, simple to use and intuitive interface, which provides numerous attributes for synchronization functions.
- Detect renamed and moved files and folders.
- Automate sync for a batch job.
- Discover conflicts and disperse deletions.
- Use macros for recurring copies.
- Optimal sync arrangement prevents disk space bottlenecks.
- Access factor drive letters from volume title (USB sticks).
- Duplicate NTFS extended features (compressed, encrypted, lean).
FreeFileSync also supports mobile installation onto USB memory sticks or external hard drives.
What's new in this version:
- Added FTP, SFTP, Google Drive support for Linux
- FreeFileSync Donation Edition available for Linux
- Compress file stream during Google Drive upload
- Navigate beyond access-denied parents in SFTP folder picker
- Fixed unexpected stream size error during FTP upload
- Support native recursive deletion for Google Drive
- Support native recursive deletion for MTP
- Deterministically save Google Drive state during exit
- Work around missing TMPDIR variable (Linux)
- Support SFTP servers returning large package sizes during folder reading
- Start with home path when using SFTP folder picker
- Aggregate device authentication prompts during comparison
- Clean up temp file after unexpected stream size error
- Work around FTP servers not supporting HELP command
- Support parsing path by volume name when volume is missing
- Parse and streamline Google Drive error messages
- Load next item after deleting from config history
- Avoid redundant Google Drive syncs after file/folder creation
- Avoid duplicate MTP item creation by multiple threads