RequirementsMac OS X 10.9 or later
Date addedJul 14, 2018
Unity for Mac is a game development eco-system a powerful rendering engine fully integrated with a complete set of intuitive tools and quick workflows into generate interactive 3D and 2D content; simple multiplatform publishing; tens of thousands of caliber, ready-made assets at the Asset Store along with also a knowledge-sharing community.
For independent studios and developers, Unity's democratizing ecosystem excels the cost and time obstacles to creating uniquely amazing games. They're utilizing Unity to construct a livelihood doing exactly what they enjoy: producing games that hook and pleasure gamers on any stage.
Unity for Mac Key Features:
Immediately Construct your scenes within a simple, extensible Editor workspace. Perform, edit and test for quick iteration on your final game.
Create a match with AAA visual fidelity, sound and full-throttle activity that performs clean and smooth on any display.
2D & 3D
Get committed programs for the 2D and 3D content production using effective workflows that use shared conventions.
Unity's Uniquely potent and flexible animation program brings any personality or Thing to life with exceptionally fluid and natural motion.
Reliable performance, smooth framerate, and superb game play experiences across target platforms.
No other sport engine provides you the option of numerous publishing programs with near-effortless setup.
Unity Cloud Build
Get your assembles the simple way with fresh Cloud Build service. Changes in your Job are detected because you operate, and assembles will be delivered automatically To a device, or working online.
Also Available: Download Unity for Windows
- 2D: Add option to SpriteRenderer to allow sorting of SpriteRenderer by its center or by its pivot point
- 2D: Added support for hexagonal layout for Grid component.
- Android: Add command line option "-setDefaultPlatformTextureFormat" to set the default texture format prior to importing or building, allowing the user to avoid importing twice: Once for the system default texture format then a second time for the desired format. Only Android is currently supported. Expects a single parameter from: dxt, pvrtc, atc, etc, etc2, astc.
- Android: Added support for using Java source files as plugins in Unity project. These files will be compiled and included into APK.
- Android: Create a separate APK for each CPU architecture (universal APKs are still supported).
- Android: Make AndroidJavaProxy work with default java methods
- Animation: Animation C# Jobs: Possibility to edit the animation stream directly from a Playable using C# Jobs (see AnimationScriptPlayable)
- Asset Import: Import animated property curves of constraint components
- Build Pipeline: Scriptable Build Pipeline Released
- Editor: Added Vulkan support in the Editor on Windows and Linux
- Editor: Assembly Definition Files (asmdef) assemblies are now compiled on startup before any other scripts (Assembly-CSharp.dll and friends) and compilation does not stop on the first compile error. All asmdef assemblies that successfully compile and have all their references compiled are loaded before compiling the remaining scripts (Assembly-CSharp.dll and friends). Ensures that Unity packages are always built and loaded regardless of other compile errors in the project.
- Editor: High-DPI scaling support on Linux
- Editor: High-DPI scaling support on Windows
- Editor: Improved LineRenderer editor. Added support for editing lines in scene, applying automated simplification and improved the display of the points list in the inspector.
- Editor: Unity Engine modules can now be disabled in Package Manager UI as built-in modules
- Editor: UXML schema generation
- Graphics: Add/Set positions in a TrailRenderer from script.
- Graphics: Added smooth deletion of TrailRenderer points.
- Graphics: Added StreamingController component which provides more control over the mipmap texture streaming including preloading in advance of camera cuts
- Graphics: Added texture streaming support to load mipmaps on demand.
- Graphics: Asynchronous GPU readback API
- Graphics: BakeMesh script API added for ParticleSystemRenderer, LineRenderer and TrailRenderer
- Graphics: Scriptable shader variants stripping
- Graphics: Start/stop a TrailRenderer from spawning points, with the new "Emitting" new checkbox.
- GI: Configurable falloff for Progressive Lightmapper (legacy, linear, inverse squared, inverse squared with attenuation). description"
- IL2CPP: Add support for managed code debugging on Android.
- IL2CPP: Add support for managed code debugging on iOS
- Package Manager: Hide packages assets in object selector.
- Package Manager: Package Manager user interface (from where a project's packages can be managed and new packages can be discovered)
- Package Manager: Support Packages assets in Asset Database search and Object selector
- Package Manager: Support Packages in Project Browser
- Package Manager: Support Read Only package folders in drag-n-drop and Renaming
- Particles: The Particle System Shape Module now supports emitting from Sprites
- Player: SRP Fast rendering codepath ("SRP Batcher"). Experimental, currently Directx11 and PS4 support.
- Profiler: Added experimental Profiler native plugin API
- Scripting: Added option "Wait For Managed Debugger" in BuildPlayerWindow, it shows a dialog when you run a player, this pauses the program until you connect a managed debugger. This way you can easily debug methods like Start/Awake, etc.
- Scripting: Added support for serialising MinMaxCurve and MinMaxGradient in scripts.
- Scripting: TLS 1.2 support via .Net45 APIs (SslStream, HttpRequest, ...) across all platforms.
- Timeline: Control-clip navigation: It is now possible to navigate to timelines associated with control clips through double-click or context-click. This features allows previewing and editing a sub-timelines in the context of its parent.
- Web: Added compressed property to DownloadHandlerAudioClip, which creates audio clip that is compressed in memory.
- Web: Added streamAudio property to DownloadHandlerAudioClip, which lets getting a playable audio clip before download is complete
- Windows: Introduced an option to generate Visual Studio solution when building your project, instead of regular executable output.
- XR: Added OpenGL based single pass instancing for Android.
- XR: VR-enabled projects now present the ability to select which eyes are rendered in the Game View. Previously only the left eye was rendered but now the right eye or both eyes are selectable and persistent.