RequirementsMicrosoft Windows 2000 / XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10 / Windows 10 64-bit
Date addedJul 23, 2018
TortoiseSVN is a very simple to use Revision controller / version control / source control software for Windows. It's founded on Subversion. TortoiseSVN gives a pleasant and effortless user interface for Subversion.
It's manufactured under the GPL. Which means it is totally free, including the source code. But just in case you don't understand the GPL also well: it is possible to use TortoiseSVN to create commercial software or merely use it on your business with no restrictions.
As it is not a integration for a particular IDE such as Visual Studio, Eclipse or some other, you may use it together with whatever development applications you prefer.
As a Subversion client, TortoiseSVN has All of the features of Subversion itself, such as:
- Commits are truly atomic.
- Branching and tagging are cheap (constant time) operations.
- Efficient handling of binary files.
- BUG: Wrong texts in conflict resolving dialogs
- BUG: Shelving from TSVN dialogs returned an error
- BUG: Crash when trying to unshelve from an outdated or corrupted working copy
- CHG: Improved project monitor toolbar for high dpi monitors
- CHG: Various improvements for high-dpi monitors
- BUG: Wrong titles when editing a conflict
- BUG: Unshelving failed when the shelve name contained non-ASCII chars
- BUG: Showing the log if the repo url contained special chars sometimes failed
- BUG: Wrong behavior for 'lock' error
- CHG: Improved labels and text in dialog when creating a copy in repo browser
- BUG: When showing multiple diffs from the log dialog with added files, only the first one was shown multiple times
- BUG: When adding unversioned folders, the ignore properties were sometimes ignored
- BUG: Changing update depths of sparse checkouts failed when trying to add files in excluded folders
- BUG: Exception was shown when trying to show the log between a date and a number revision