RequirementsMicrosoft Windows 2000 / XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10 / Windows 10 64-bit
Date addedApr 16, 2018
TortoiseSVN is a very simple to use Revision controller / version control / source control software for Windows. It's founded on Subversion. TortoiseSVN gives a pleasant and effortless user interface for Subversion.
It's manufactured under the GPL. Which means it is totally free, including the source code. But just in case you don't understand the GPL also well: it is possible to use TortoiseSVN to create commercial software or merely use it on your business with no restrictions.
As it is not a integration for a particular IDE such as Visual Studio, Eclipse or some other, you may use it together with whatever development applications you prefer.
As a Subversion client, TortoiseSVN has All of the features of Subversion itself, such as:
- Commits are truly atomic.
- Branching and tagging are cheap (constant time) operations.
- Efficient handling of binary files.
Shelving and Unshelving:
- Subversion 1.10 has a new experimental feature called shelving which is enabled in TortoiseSVN 1.10
- This feature allows you to shelve local changes, work on something else and commit and then unshelve those stored changes again
New UI for TortoiseMerge:
- TortoiseMerge has been rewritten to use the Windows ribbon controls instead of the custom one. Which makes TortoiseMerge start up much faster than before and the UI also reacts faster
- TortoiseMerge can now show and change the encoding of the files and the EOLs
- Almost every dialog and feature got improved and added some small features.
Released : Dec 16, 2017