RequirementsMicrosoft Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
Date addedAug 02, 2018
Slack for Windows brings all of your communication together in 1 area. It is real time messaging, archiving and look for contemporary teams. Not only your messages, however all of your documents, pictures, PDFs, files, and spreadsheets could be dropped into Slack and shared with anybody you desire. Insert remarks, celebrity for later reference, and it is all totally searchable. If you utilize any services such as Google Drive, Dropbox, or Box, simply paste the link and that record is instantly in searchable and sync too.
Connect all of the tools that you use to Slack and prevent all of that continuous switching between programs. Set your integration so you obtain all your alarms straight inside Slack--from service requests, code check-ins, and error logs to revenue leads--them searchable in one central archive.
Everything in Slack--messages, files, notifications, and allis resized and archived so that you may get it at your fingertips whenever you desire. Slack for Windowsalso suggests the content of each file so that you may look in PDFs, Word files, Google docs, and much more. With a single search box along with a set of strong search operators, it is possible to dice and slice your way to this 1 message on your communicating haystack. Create a station for a job, a subject, a staff, or whatever --everybody has a clear view of all that is happening.
To sensitive information, make personal channels and encourage a couple of team members. Nobody else could see or combine your personal stations.
To achieve a colleague straight, send a Direct Chat. It is completely private and protected.
- A plethora of improvements for the people of Enterprise Grid, including faster quick switching, better proxy support, and direct message draft syncing across multiple workspaces (so whichever workspace you started typing that message in, you can finish in another)
- You can now right-click on Slack in the taskbar to do useful things like jump to a specific workspace, or move Slack to your current display
- Unread badges, which had been being a little inconsistent, have been given a stern talking to, and promise to be more reliable henceforth
- Call loading has been improved, as have other general pieces of call performance
- The workspace sign-in flow has been gently massaged, leading to improved error handling and magic link support
- Copying an email link will now, as you might expect, copy the email link
- A clutch of crufty crashes, as hard to explain as they were annoying to experience, have now been completely corrected
- Notifications on Windows 7 machines without graphics acceleration hardware can now be used once again
- We closed first our left eye, then our right, and can confirm that the text in this new version is a little bit sharper for some Windows users
- Applications launched by Slack (when, say, clicking a link) will no longer inherit Slack’s environment variables