RequirementsMicrosoft Windows (All Versions)
Date addedJul 11, 2018
Mp3tag is a worldwide media label editor. It's an simple to use program for handily editing tags in audio files like the information regarding artist, album, title, and album artwork.
Furthermore, it supports Mp3tag inquiries from online databases like Amazon, discogs, freedb and MusicBrainz, and may then auto upgrade the tags (such as cover art) on your audio library.
Crucial features Include:
- Batch procedure ID3v1.1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, iTunes MP4, WMA, Vorbis Comments and APEv2 tags in several documents.
- Support for album artwork.
- Publish tags from online databases like Amazon, discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz.
- Support for altering the formatting of document names and tags in uniform approaches.
- Automatically create playlists handle them playlists automatically while editing the tags.
- Export to HTML, RTF, CSV and make lists of your audio library using custom templates.
- Complete Unicode support.
In general Mp3tag is a smart small program that saves you lots of time collecting label information to your own music library. It's lightweight and uses hardly any system resources.
- FIX: trying to enable TLS 1.2 on Windows Vista failed all HTTP connections (since v2.88h)
- CHG: changed to reuse existing ID3v2 chunk identifier for AIF and WAV to increase compatibility
- FIX: https connections on Windows 7 and 8 did not use TLS 1.2 by default (Discogs requires TLS 1.2 now)
- CHG: changed to use 'id3 ' instead of 'ID3 ' for new ID3v2 chunk identifier for WAV to increase compatibility
- FIX: wrong parameter error when directory history was empty and selection changed
- CHG: added artist to search query for MusicBrainz tag sources
- FIX: directory history was not saved correctly in some cases
- FIX: MusicBrainz tag source stopped working after extended namespace alias was changed on server-side
- NEW: added support for long filesystem paths (> 260 characters)
- NEW: added panels directory that is also included when saving configuration
- LNG: updated Bulgarian, Czech, Hungarian, Portuguese-Brazil, Slovak and Turkish language files
- FIX: status bar selection state was not updated in some cases
- FIX: bits per sample for WavPack DSD was reported as default PCM values
- FIX: directory was not added to Tag Panel directory field when loading via context menu (since v2.88c)
- FIX: contents of Tag Panel were cleared after loading of Tag Panel configuration
- FIX: auto-save on file selection change did not work in some cases (since v2.88b)
- NEW: added loading and saving of Tag Panel configurations from options
- NEW: added loading and saving of Tag Panel configurations from Tag Panel context menu
- CHG: library cleanup now also rebuilds database to free unused space
- FIX: last field in vertical Tag Panel layout was hidden in some cases (since v2.88c)
- FIX: samplerate for WavPack DSD was reported as default PCM values
- FIX: small and smaller Tag Panel fields had minor sizing inconsitencies
- FIX: Tag Panel fields of size 'smaller' did not flow correctly in some cases (since v2.88c)
- NEW: added Windows Application Registration for Standard installation
- NEW: added context menu to customize Tag Panel
- NEW: added option to specify size when adding Tag Panel fields (normal, smaller, small, multiline)
- NEW: improved Tag Panel layout when displayed horizontally
- NEW: added Tag Panel fields _DIRECTORY and _SEPARATOR
- NEW: added support for DSD audio for WavPack
- NEW: made all Tag Panel fields configurable, including default fields
- CHG: improved layout of configuration dialogs
- FIX: new Tag Panel fields were not enabled by default (since v2.88b)
- NEW: added support for enabling/disabling user-defined fields at 'Options >Tag Panel'
- FIX: icons at user-defined tools option dialog were displayed too small on large-DPI systems
- NEW: added support for MusicBrainz field MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMID to MusicBrainz tag source
- CHG: added mappings for special fields with MusicBrainz IDs for ID3v2 and MP4
- CHG: adjusted MusicBrainz tag source to write MUSICBRAINZ_ARTISTID
- NEW: option to keep moved files in file list
- FIX: saving cover to file failed silently if file already exists with system file attribute set