RequirementsWindows 7 / Windows 7 64 / Windows 8 / Windows 8 64 / Windows 10 / Windows 10 64
Date addedMay 07, 2018
Kdenlive is a open source Movie editor for Windows PC. Kdenlive is built on Qt and the KDE Frameworks libraries. The majority of the video processing has been achieved by the MLT Framework, that is based on a number of other open source projects including FFmpeg, frei0r, movit, ladspa, sox... Kdenlive is a acronym for KDE Non-Linear Video Editor. It's largely directed toward the GNU/Linux system but also functions on BSD and MacOS. It's now being ported to Windows as a GSOC undertaking. Download Kdenlive, astounding movie editing GUI for KDE which Offers dual video screens, a multi-track timeline, clip record, customizable design support, basic outcomes, and fundamental alterations.
Multi-track video editing
Kdenlive allows you to use and arrange several audio and video tracks, each one can be locked or muted to your convenience.
Use any audio / video format
Being based on the powerful FFmpeg libraries, Kdenlive can use almost any audio and video formats directly without the need to convert or re-encode your clips.
Configurable interface and shortcuts
You can arrange and save your custom interface layouts to fit your workflow. Keyboard shortcuts can also be configured to match your preferences.
Many effects and transitions
Dozens of effects are available, ranging from color correction to audio adjustments, as well as all the standard transform options.
Audio and video scopes
Monitor your audio level or check the color scopes to make sure your footage is correctly balanced.
Kdenlive can automatically create low resolution copies of your source clips to allow you doing the editing on any computer, and then render using full resolution.
Your project file is automatically backed up every few minutes, and older versions of the project file are also kept in case you need to roll back to a previous version.
Sometimes when using hi-res footage or complex effects, real-time playback is not possible. Timeline preview allows you to pre-render parts of your timeline to get a perfectly smooth playback.
Most effects can be keyframed, allowing you to change the parameters over time, using linear or smooth curves to achieve the result you want.
Flexible theming engine capable of a variety of light and dark themes.
Download render profiles, wipes and title templates directly from the interface.
Important: It requires FFmpeg
- Bitstream filters for editing metadata in H.264, HEVC and MPEG-2 streams
- Dropped support for OpenJPEG versions 2.0 and below. Using OpenJPEG now requires 2.1 (or later) and pkg-config
- VDA dropped (use VideoToolbox instead)
- MagicYUV encoder
- Raw AMR-NB and AMR-WB demuxers
- TiVo ty/ty+ demuxer
- Intel QSV-accelerated MJPEG encoding
- PCE support for extended channel layouts in the AAC encoder
- Native aptX and aptX HD encoder and decoder
- Raw aptX and aptX HD muxer and demuxer
- NVIDIA NVDEC-accelerated H.264, HEVC, MJPEG, MPEG-1/2/4, VC1, VP8/9 hwaccel decoding
- Intel QSV-accelerated overlay filter
- Mcompand audio filter
- Acontrast audio filter
- OpenCL overlay filter
- Video mix filter
- Video normalize filter
- Audio lv2 wrapper filter
- VAAPI MJPEG and VP8 decoding
- AMD AMF H.264 and HEVC encoders
- Video fillborders filter
- Video setrange filter
- Nsp demuxer
- Support LibreSSL (via libtls)
- AVX-512/ZMM support added
- Dropped support for building for Windows XP. The minimum supported Windows version is Windows Vista.
- Deconvolve video filter
- Entropy video filter
- Hilbert audio filter source
- Aiir audio filter
- Aiff: add support for CD-ROM XA ADPCM
- Removed the ffserver program
- Removed the ffmenc and ffmdec muxer and demuxer
- VideoToolbox HEVC encoder and hwaccel
- VAAPI-accelerated ProcAmp (color balance), denoise and sharpness filters
- Add android_camera indev
- Codec2 en/decoding via libcodec2
- Muxer/demuxer for raw codec2 files and .c2 files
- Moved nvidia codec headers into an external repository
- Native SBC encoder and decoder
- Drmeter audio filter
- Hapqa_extract bitstream filter
- Filter_units bitstream filter
- AV1 Support through libaom
- E-AC-3 dependent frames support
- Bitstream filter for extracting E-AC-3 core
- Haivision SRT protocol via libsrt
- Segafilm muxer
- Vfrdet filter