RequirementsWindows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
Date addedJul 27, 2018
FFmpeg is the leading multimedia framework, capable to decode, encode, transcode, mux, demux, flow, filter and perform pretty much whatever machines and humans have generated. It supports the many vague ancient formats up into this cutting edge. Regardless of if they have been created by some criteria, the neighborhood or a company. It's also highly mobile: FFmpeg compiles, runs, and moves our testing infrastructure FATE across Linux, Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, the BSDs, Solaris, etc. beneath a vast array of build environmentsand system architectures, and configurations.
It comprises libavcodec, libavutil, libavformat, libavfilter, libavdevice, libswscale along with libswresample that could be used by software. In Addition to ffmpeg, ffserver, ffplay and ffprobe which May Be Used by end users to get transcoding, playing and streaming.
A command line tool to convert multimedia files between formats
A multimedia streaming server for live broadcasts
A simple media player based on SDL and the FFmpeg libraries
A simple multimedia stream analyzer
FFmpeg Libraries for developers:
- libavutil is a library containing functions for simplifying programming, including random number generators, data structures, mathematics routines, core multimedia utilities, and much more.
- libavcodec is a library containing decoders and encoders for audio/video codecs.
- libavformat is a library containing demuxers and muxers for multimedia container formats.
- libavdevice is a library containing input and output devices for grabbing from and rendering to many common multimedia input/output software frameworks, including Video4Linux, Video4Linux2, VfW, and ALSA.
- libavfilter is a library containing media filters.
- libswscale is a library performing highly optimized image scaling and color space/pixel format conversion operations.
- libswresample is a library performing highly optimized audio resampling, rematrixing and sample format conversion operations.
- Bitstream filters for editing metadata in H.264, HEVC and MPEG-2 streams
- Dropped support for OpenJPEG versions 2.0 and below. Using OpenJPEG now requires 2.1 (or later) and pkg-config
- VDA dropped (use VideoToolbox instead)
- MagicYUV encoder
- Raw AMR-NB and AMR-WB demuxers
- TiVo ty/ty+ demuxer
- Intel QSV-accelerated MJPEG encoding
- PCE support for extended channel layouts in the AAC encoder
- Native aptX and aptX HD encoder and decoder
- Raw aptX and aptX HD muxer and demuxer
- NVIDIA NVDEC-accelerated H.264, HEVC, MJPEG, MPEG-1/2/4, VC1, VP8/9 hwaccel decoding
- Intel QSV-accelerated overlay filter
- Mcompand audio filter
- Acontrast audio filter
- OpenCL overlay filter
- Video mix filter
- Video normalize filter
- Audio lv2 wrapper filter
- VAAPI MJPEG and VP8 decoding
- AMD AMF H.264 and HEVC encoders
- Video fillborders filter
- Video setrange filter
- Nsp demuxer
- Support LibreSSL (via libtls)
- AVX-512/ZMM support added
- Dropped support for building for Windows XP. The minimum supported Windows version is Windows Vista.
- Deconvolve video filter
- Entropy video filter
- Hilbert audio filter source
- Aiir audio filter
- Aiff: add support for CD-ROM XA ADPCM
- Removed the ffserver program
- Removed the ffmenc and ffmdec muxer and demuxer
- VideoToolbox HEVC encoder and hwaccel
- VAAPI-accelerated ProcAmp (color balance), denoise and sharpness filters
- Add android_camera indev
- Codec2 en/decoding via libcodec2
- Muxer/demuxer for raw codec2 files and .c2 files
- Moved nvidia codec headers into an external repository
- Native SBC encoder and decoder
- Drmeter audio filter
- Hapqa_extract bitstream filter
- Filter_units bitstream filter
- AV1 Support through libaom
- E-AC-3 dependent frames support
- Bitstream filter for extracting E-AC-3 core
- Haivision SRT protocol via libsrt
- Segafilm muxer
- Vfrdet filter
FFmpeg (32-bit) 4.0
Released : May 07, 2018