RequirementsMicrosoft Windows (All Versions)
Date addedDec 11, 2018
Cloud storage is all of the rage nowadays. From Box to Yandex and everything between, it appears like everybody has jumped on board with saving their information in a cloud atmosphere. Everybody except the ultra safety aware, that's.
A growing number of folks are getting to grips with additional levels of safety 'protected' programs and solutions. Boxcryptor is a next-gen 'on disc' encryption tool which intends to do exactly that.
The service operates by taking files which are saved in cloud places and it frees them utilizing AES-256 and RSA encryption algorithms to secure the data. To install Boxcryptor, just install the program, select which cloud programs to encrypt and choose filename encryption (not available in the free version). The moment any new documents are saved on the Boxcryptor drive, then they're automatically encrypted. To encrypt any present documents, simply right click the files from Explorer or Finder and enable encryption. To unlock the Boxcryptor folder and then see your documents, all you need to do is just run the BoxCryptor program, browse into the encrypted folder and then put in your password.
- Improved: Performance improvements (up to 100% in certain benchmarks)
- Fixed: Access denied error when flushing a file on network drives under certain circumstances
- Fixed: Files cannot be decryped when being offline under certain cirumstances
- Fixed: Long path support
- Fixed: Regression performance degradation on network drives
- Changed: Upgrade BouncyCastle to v1.8.4
- Changed: Upgrade CEFSharp to v69.0.0
- Minor bug fixes and improvements