RequirementsWindows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
Date addedMay 16, 2018
Construct 2 is a effective floor breaking HTML5 game founder designed particularly for 2D games. It enables everyone to construct games no programming required! Utilize Construct two to put in the area of game development. Teach the essentials of programming in a fun and engaging manner. Create games without needing to learn languages that are difficult. Instantly create mockups and prototypes, or utilize it as a quicker alternative for coding.
Construct 2 Key Features:
Fast & User Friendly
Bring your work to life in hours and days instead of weeks and months. With Construct 2 making games is a piece of cake: just drag and drop objects around, add behaviors to them, and make everything come alive with events!With a quick and easy to grasp Ribbon interface, you have clear access to a wide set of tools that allows anyone to jump into game creation with little to no prior game development knowledge.
Powerful Event System
Make your game do what it needs to do in a visual and human readable way with the powerful Event System. There’s no need to memorize complicated and cryptic languages. With events programming becomes intuitive putting your focus on what really matters: designing your game! Events are created by selecting possible conditions and actions from an organized list. The result list of events, or Event Sheet, is designed to be as easily readable as possible, so that beginners can get instant results as well. Entire event sheets can be re-used by other levels, saving you re-creating events for other levels.
Behaviors work as pre-packaged functions that you can assign to objects and reuse whenever needed. They provide an instant way to add capabilities to objects, speeding up development and increasing productivity. They include movements such as 8 directions, platform, and car; advanced features like physics and pathfinding; and useful utilities like fade, flash, wrap, pin and drag & drop. Most behaviors can be replicated with events, but it simply is far more time consuming to do so. That’s why behaviors can be great time savers, without limiting what's possible when you need to go further.
In Construct 2 you can preview your games instantly at any time. There’s no need to wait for compiling or other time consuming processes. In the press of a button you get your game running in a browser window ready to be tested. This allows for fast prototyping and iterative development which enables testing during the entire creation process, making a lot easier to detect and correct problems. This way game creation becomes a lot more intuitive, especially for beginners.
Stunning Visual Effects
Let your games go from good to gorgeous using C2’s blend modes, effects and particle system. There are over 70 WebGL-based pixel shader effects to warp, distort, blend, blur, mask, re-color and more. You can add these to objects, layers and layouts for quick special effects and also stack them up to create incredible results. You can even see everything applied in real time in the editor!
Publish your games on a broad selection of platforms with a single project. There’s no need to maintain multiple codebases. By using Construct 2's HTML5-based engine you can export to most major platforms. Easily reach the web by publishing to your own website, Chrome Web Store, Facebook, Kongregate, NewGrounds, Firefox Marketplace or use our Scirra Arcade to share your creations. Export your game to desktop PC, Mac and Linux apps by using the Node-Webkit wrapper. Additionally publish to Windows 8 Store or as a native Windows Phone 8 app.
Very Easy Extensibility
- This is a stable update to incorporate fixes from r256, r257 and r258. As noted previously, we are only maintaining Construct 2 with bug fixes at this point. New features will only be added to Construct 3
Since r255 the main improvements are:
- Better handling of video and audio autoplay. This includes updates to work around Chrome 66's changes to autoplay policy which can prevent audio playback in old content. If you find your old games are muted in Chrome, export them again with this update and they should play audio correctly once the user has interacted with the page (i.e. a click, touch or key press)
- Support for Xbox Live Achievements. This should allow games on the [email protected] programme to meet the publishing requirements
- In addition to that there are also a range of bug fixes, notably for a crash using savegames with Physics, and ensuring long-press on Android no longer triggers vibration
A note about Cordova exports:
- Last year there were some changes around how mobile exports work. We still regularly see questions about this, so to reiterate, in 2018 these are our recommended options for publishing Cordova apps from C2
- Use C3's mobile app build service to build C2 exports
- Use a third-party build service like PhoneGap Build
- Use the Cordova CLI. This is a free manual build tool that works offline. (This option is more appropriate for advanced users)
Construct 2 R258
Released : May 13, 2018